One thing is clear here: college is hard.
Not only is it hard, but it is a total change of pace. No matter your year or major, your workload and schedule will never be consistent. It almost feels like hitting a super big wave on a float, so your friends could watch you fly 10 feet in the air before belly smacking the water.
I still have back pain.
Anyhow, there is good news from all of this. It may ease your mind. No guarantees, though.
Being thrown into shark infested water, completing all-nighters, living off of coffee, eating a Dorito you found in your pocket, and all the papers you turned in at the very last minute, all have one thing in common: They have made you a super-human.
For reallllll. Being put through the dark nightmare we like to call “College” gives us the backbone and knowledge to accomplish ANYTHING.
Jump out of a plane? Piece of cake.
Cliff diving in Peru? Easy.
Hike the Grand Canyon? Been there.
Build a robot? Did that yesterday.
Drive in L.A. traffic? No prob- actually I’m good.
But seriously, fly your pride with a purpose. You deserve it. Look at you go.
NOW for your favorite part, here are this week’s tips:
- Working out to a Cardi B playlist makes it 10 times better.
- Using the restrooms in the basement of the library is less embarrassing when you just want to sit there and scroll through Twitter.
- Get a good pair of flops. Any kind of flops that allow sock-and-sandal pairing. You’ll thank me later.
- Start out your day with fruit and water. Not a doughnut and coffee, you’ll regret it about an hour and one bowel movement later.
- Starting out your day earlier is easier than ending your day late.
- Don’t study during lunch, food is distracting.
I hope these help.
And don’t forget, the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.
Until next time…