Halloween has gone to the dogs.
October is such an amazing month for changes.
It is finally time to put away tanks and shorts and pull out fuzzy scarves and sweaters.
Maybe even grab a Pumpkin Spice Latte or 20 from Starbucks and participate in the most important part of the month, Halloween.
Since childhood, trying to find the perfect Halloween costume has been a concern for many and when you get older, the dilemma changes.
Costumes have begun to be less innocent and are flirting closely with inappropriate and weird.
The main issue facing many adults is the confusion between what is appropriate and what is not.
Cady Herron, played by Lindsay Lohan, a character in the popular movie “Mean Girls” said it best:
“In girl world, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut, and no other girls can say anything about it. The hardcore girls just wear lingerie and some form of animal ears.”
Either way, I have five reasons why you should leave your “sexy kitten” costume at home.
1. Your mom has a Facebook now, and so do employers.
Why would you want her or your boss to see you in a photo of you wearing hot pants, go-go boots and a firemans’ jacket?
If you would not want your mom to see it, leave it at home.
2. Lets be honest here, it is October the cold season.
Why would you want to be outside freezing your butt off wearing little to nothing?
Nothing is cute about the Flu, strep throat or a sinus infection. Gross.
3. To the girl or guy who is sad he or she is not able to find a girlfriend or boyfriend, this costume might be why.
Guys would typically like to see a girl wearing a thought provokingly funny costume over a skimpy one.
If a girl appreciates your costume as a maybe a character from The Walking Dead, she might be a keeper.
4. Looking like your favorite artist is fun and has the potential to be a great costume, but if your outfit is the fleshed toned body suit from the Britney Spears’ “Toxic” video, it might be best to leave that at home.
5. I do not see the point in ruining childhoods by wearing a “Sexy Big Bird,” or a “Slutty Loonette the Clown” (For all my Big Comfy Couch watchers out there).
I am not trying to “slut” shame anyone, but I
just want you to think about what you wear before you wear it.