FROM CAMPUS POLICE
The University has received vague, unspecified threats through electronic mediums by an unknown individual. Campus Police and other law enforcement agencies are currently investigating these threats. While we do not have reason to believe the threats are valid, we are notifying campus as a safety precaution. Please be reminded of the following safety tips.
- Immediately report suspicious persons loitering around university facilities.
- If you see suspicious packages or items that are unattended, please contact APSU Police.
- If you become the victim of a crime, do not try to physically detain or apprehend the suspect. Report the incident immediately to the APSU Police Department at 911 or 931-221-7786.
- Always walk, jog or bike in groups in well lighted and well traveled areas. If you do not wish to walk alone, you can request an escort from the APSU Police Department by calling 931-221-7786.
- Scan the area before you exit or approach your vehicle or building and when you proceed between sites.
- Have your key or access card ready in hand to quickly access the door of your vehicle or building.
- If strangers approach, maintain a distance and be observant. If they are in a vehicle, get the license plate number and a vehicle description, if possible.
- Lock doors and windows of your room or building. Do not prop open doors or let strangers in.